Dear Allison,
Happy Birthday my baby! I can still recall the scene clearly 7 years ago. Your Daddy and I were counting down the dates waiting for you, our first baby arriving. We were extremely excited and anxious when the date was approaching to single numbers. Can't believe 7 years slipped through the fingers just like that.
I didn't realize how much you were like me until your Grandma reminded me. And the more I look at you, the more I see me at your age. There were some embarrassing moments and difficult times. Things like Mommy would rather not to think about it. Things like Mommy knows exactly how to fix if I had the brain I have now it feels. However, you, the mini version me in front of me, I figured it's a gift from God for me to figure out an easier way to love you and encourage you along the way to meet your needs.
We both are sensitive, obsessed and seeking for balance at all time. I tried hard to pretend strong, but that's not the fact. You hold the tears, but I saw you clenched little fists hard. I found myself a safe place telling how I feel and through the repeated telling pain was healed. You turned the music on sang out loud and through the melody pain was forgotten. We are both good at organizing. We are both struggled from being a little proper lady. But more than that, you are way braver than me. You came up to me ask if I love you when you are not sure. You are always nice to your friends even though they sometimes don't do the same.
I love you loving, helping and caring your brother. The other day he came up to your bed in the midnight instead of mine, asked for water. You woke up and led him all the way to the kitchen found him a glass of water. Then helped him to go potty without waking up me and your Daddy.
I love how you handle the dynamic when you play piano. The songs sound so right and perfect delivery. Sometimes I wonder where those emotions coming from out of your little mind. If anything I'm glad you are able to release through the fingers.
I love you come up hugging me tight at night even I was mad and mean to you. I shouldn't have taken it for granted but I appreciate you understand where's Mommy coming from. Your love make me constantly re-think my parenting, support me to keep on trying the better way working with you. If by the end of the day I'm a good Mommy it's all because of your love.
I love our teamwork doing the laundry. I itemized the load and you hung them nicely. Under the morning sun we used to hang out three loads, and that only took us 15 mins!
I love shopping with you at Trader Joes. You enjoy looking for Piddy the penguin everywhere in the store so you can get a reward candy from the store manager. You asked me if Piddy was sick home if you can't find him, but I told you that penguin need a shower he is probably in the laundry.
I love you croon while knitting, solving puzzles or cleaning the playroom. You look so relax and elegant.
Last year you were at Mrs. Schneider's combo class. Your best friend is Mia Funt and Samantha J. You started playing volleyball in the league with your Daddy's coaching. We practiced piano 1 hour everyday. Your favorite show is Victorious, favorite food is chinese lettuce, favorite sport is swimming, favorite drink is OJ. You love to go to Sycamore soaking in the hot spring water. You spend the 7th birthday in Las Vegas with seven of your friends bowling.
Growing up is no fun. It means more responsibilities and more challenges. Enjoy to be a seven-year-old and we'll go from there!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
2012.6
No comments:
Post a Comment