Saturday, October 15, 2011

Letter to Mason at 3

Dear Mason,

Mommy was going to write this letter to you in Chinese cause it's a lot easier for me.  However, I figured you might never read it on your own that way. So, I am gonna stick to English, which I may probably only half way expressing myself.  Just imagine every word following up to be 10 times heavier, that would be the right weight.

Before you were born, Mommy was quite nervous about how to raise a boy coming along.  Not only I grew up with no brothers, but with your sister, a girl like Mommy, I raise her with my nature.  I had no idea how to change a diaper for a boy, how to shower you without hurting you, or how to potty trained you like the way other men do.  Things like that makes me wonder if I can be a good Mother of yours.

You are the sweetest boy.  You cuddle, kiss, smile, say all the polite words. Your dimples are the most charming ones in the world, to me.  As of today, you know about half of the alphabet, count to 20 or maybe more, name the colors, shapes, read the traffic lights, and everybody's name in the family. You insist on putting on shirts and pants on your own, buckling up seat belt.  Sometimes you scared of the story on TV and rather watch with one of your eyes behind the couch.  You love Lego's, bricks, cars, trains and toy tools. Your favorite shows are Mickey Mouse Club House, Riley the racing car and Ant farm.  You desperate for milk first thing in the morning, right after school, before heading to bed, and prefer vegetable and fruits than the meat.  You throw tantrum once in a while especially in the morning.

I am still leaning how to deal with you, and exploring your little personality.   For Mommy you are the whole new world.  I surprise and amaze your reaction in difference occasions.  Daddy and I always found you trying to act and talk like an adult, and that was just hysterical.  We are excited and a little sad as well. Knowing it might just a matter of fashion among your little friends at school, but also didn't want you to grow out of pure toddlerhood too fast. 

Mommy is so looking forward to see you growing into a fine young man, but in the mean time it's painful to let you go out of my arms.

My sweetheart, I now believe they say son is Mommy's lover from last life, by feeling how much you adore me and attach to me.  It's a pleasant having you in our family.  Even though you snore out loud, gives your sister hard time to fall asleep, she still let you crash her room.  Even though you cried in the morning wanting Mommy, Daddy was hurt but still be so patient to calm you down.  You are sometimes absolutely a pain in the butt, but even though, we still love you a lot in every way.

You are 3 now and officially in the club of notorious "testing three".  Mommy is hoping you could stay back in your safety area without fighting for the border line.  We'll figure out. 

Happy birthday buddy. 

Love,
Mommy 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment